The City of Dumas Street and Sanitation Departments will conduct a Spring Clean-Up on April 21 and 22. Items will be picked up on the West side of town on the Wednesday the 21st and on the East side on Thursday, the 22nd.
Below are the only items that will be picked up and they must be separated accordingly and in separate piles. Have the items out by 6:00am in the morning. The trucks will go down each street only one time. If the rules below are not followed the items will not be picked up. No exceptions. Any questions, call 382-2121.
DO NOT PUT Furniture by the Dumpsters unless you live in the apartments where the dumpster is located.
- Leaves and other forms of vegetation in heavy duty bags
- Small limbs, small wood chips in heavy duty bags
- Limbs less than 5ft long in one pile and scrap pieces of lumber WITH NO NAILS; 3 ft long or less.
- Furniture items such as sofa but NO sleeper beds, chairs, tables, bed mattress, other small items.
- washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves
- Small appliances that can and must be put into a box for pickup such as kitchen mixers, toasters, toaster ovens, pressing iron, etc.
- Small pieces of scrap metal