Position: Code Enforcement & Animal Control
Basic tasks include but not limited to:
- Ensure buildings, dwellings, vacant lots, grass, and dilapidated vehicles, etc. are in compliance with City Codes
- Issue and inspect building and other permits
- Initiate legal and fee documents when there is non-compliance
- Enforce ordinances relating to dogs in the city limits
- Assist in other city departments as needed
- Code Enforcement Certification or willing to take training to become certified. Certification must be retained while employed in Dumas.
- General knowledge of city ordinances, codes, and zoning laws.
- General knowledge of city ordinances related to animals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good physical condition for walking, running, climbing, kneeling, and lifting.
- Possess a valid driving license.
- Submit to drug testing
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021. Resume must be submitted with application and at least two letters of recommendation.
Application can be picked up at Dumas City Hall located at 155 East Waterman; request by mail: City of Dumas, P O Box 157, Dumas, AR 71639, or call 870-382-2121; or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.